Cheezin'

Cheezin'

Saturday, July 11, 2015

FOUR

     My little girl is four! My little future stepdaughter had her birthday yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see her as she is with her mom and some of her mom's family. I know she must have had a blast though. They went to San Diego Zoo. I've never actually been to a zoo so she's seeing things I've never seen at just four (I can't believe I'm typing that) years old. Ariel loves animals so I'm sure she had the time of her life.


     I can't believe it. I met her when she was two so I have known her almost half of her life now. Wow.

   
     This is just about a month before I met my little ball of sunshine:

She was 2 1/2 and sooo adorable! Who would have known what our relationship would grow to be? I had never been in a relationship with someone who had kids so this has been an amazing experience and she is the sweetest, sassiest little girl.


Here are just some of the things she has done in her third year:
1. Met her future stepmommy. Sadly I don't have a picture from that night. How I wish I did!



2. Started taking dance classes. I have been a dancer for 11 years and her daddy got bit by the dancing bug. He wanted to be into the things I'm into and it's a huge part of my life. And now we all three share that.

Trying on her first pair of ballet shoes. 7/2014

She got her first pair of "tappy tap shoes." 7/2014

Singing "Let It Go" in said "tappy tap shoes."

3. Been to a fair. She has now been to two as of this spring.
She was having fun, I promise. :) That's her cousin next to her. He was six at the time.



4. Played at the "biggest park with the see-saw" a million times. That's her name for the biggest park in our town. It has like 7 slides but the see-saw is what sticks out in her head. hahaha.





5. Totally CONQUERED any rock-climbing wall in her path.



6. Found a favorite lullaby. One day, I was trying to get her down for a nap. She asked me to sing to her and the first song that popped into my head was "All The Little Horses." I love that song. Before the song was done, she was OUT.
I was also holding her hand, but I snapped the picture after letting go.

7. Totally got that potty-training thing down. It took awhile, but I assume it always does. [Not pictured.]


8. Went to her first musical. We (her daddy and I) took her to go see a childrens musical called "Senor Coconut and the Flying Papaya"...I think. She didn't really have the attention span for it yet but has now also been to a local showing of Shrek The Musical and that was her first outdoor musical. I love musical theatre too and now we're also all into that. Well, she's getting there. ;)


9. Gotten her first pair of glasses. She looks so cute in them! (Her mommy and daddy both wear glasses, plus one eye looks slightly inward sometimes.)



10. Become completely obsessed with frozen yogurt. No idea whose idea that was... >_>


She picked her flavors and toppings herself. Can you tell?
Yummy!!


11. Gotten completely spoiled for Easter. >_>
She still never takes that hat off.

12. Had her second season of dance classes.



She didn't know I was there at her class. She came out, her mommy told her to turn around, and this happened. I love her so much.
Ballet
Tap


13. Gotten her first sleeve! hahaha
Following in our footsteps with the tattoos. hahaha. 


14. Given me a Mother's Day card :,) I was not expecting it at all!
She has been calling me Reeka since the beginning...when Erika was too hard to pronounce for a two year old.



15. Gone to the beach with me and her daddy.
My favorite picture. Her favorite hat. <3
*happy dance*

We were packing up the car and she decided "Actually, I don't want to leave..."
Like...REALLY didn't want to leave.

16. Watched her daddy and me dance on stage for her second time. Apparently, in our waltz, after I danced with him, and then partners switched out, she was upset that he was dancing with someone else. But all was right when we switched back and I was dancing with her daddy again.

Her daddy (Johnny) and I during the show.

17. Baked and baked and baked with Reeka (me). 
We even got her a little Frozen apron.
Tasting it to make sure it's not poisoned ;)
Better check this too ;)
My silly girl.


18. Been in her second dance recital. They did dances to the music from Princess and the Frog. The show had a Disney theme.
Picture Day before the show.

Look at that cute little dress! She didn't want to take it off. Ever.
Reeka and Ariel


I wasn't able to take pictures during her show but I was tearing up too much anyways and laughing. Have you watched three year olds dance?! It's cute and hilarious.

19. Been asleep in my arms (at the grocery store). I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but it made me feel like a real mama.
Drool clean up in aisle 4!


She is the absolute light of my life. 




What a difference a year makes.



Happy Birthday, Ariel! Reeka loves you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment